Friday, May 24, 2013

Being Content

I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:12-13  NKJ

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4:19 NKJ

Learning to be content. Sometimes this seems like an out of reach thought. The world presses in and makes you think to be happy you need "things" to fulfill that empty space. I have learned through the years that new "stuff" is nice and may make you happy for the moment, but in the long run you are still left feeling empty.

I have found what makes me content is quiet time with God. Just having a conversation with the one that saved me from myself, from the world. When I take time to just sit and listen and wait for His leading. I have found that I appreciate more the things that I have been blessed with when I spend time with Him. I had the honor of spending time with my awesome family yesterday. Just being able to be together is such a gift. Celebrating a new addition to our family, a gift from God.

Lately I feel quite content living in the home I grew up in and playing the role of "Donna Reed". Something as simple as cooking a favorite meal and baking up some "lovin' from the oven" makes me feel such joy. I hope and pray that my children will enjoy this some day too and feel content as well. A great family, great friends and great fellowship with the Lord is what it is all about. Enjoy what God has blessed you with and be content in His Spirit.

Peace and Blessings

1 comment:

  1. Nothing compares to being content and thankful...it is wealth that cannot be measured. Being Donna Reed to your family is priceless, they are blessed that you cherish this job the Lord has given you!

    ReplyDelete