Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Thankfulness

... giving thanks always for all things to God in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
                                                                                                          Ephesians 5:20 NKJ


This has been a weekend of thankfulness. I am thankful to live in a country that allows me to practice my religion freely, to talk openly about being a Christian. I am thankful to all our service men and women who daily risk their lives to make my home feel safe.

What a wonderful weekend filled with family and fun. A rather nice way to kick off the summer. I have taken on the wonderful task of leading a women's Bible study and prayer group on Wednesday mornings at my church. I ask all of my friends to please pray for our group. Our goal is to lift each other up and create strong prayer warriors for our homes and our church. At times we seem to be "stuck in a rut". It's time to really reach out to God and truly seek Him and His direction for our church.  I thank you all in advance for your thoughts and prayers.

I am so thankful for my church, my sisters in the Lord, my family, my freedom. My middle son ( I have 5 children) just turned 22 yesterday. My how time flies. I am a very blessed momma, he chooses to be in church even though he is "grown". He plays guitar in our praise band. Speaking of our praise band, my youngest son, Alex plays the drums and my husband, Paul plays bass and sings! I am more than blessed when I sit in my pew and look up and see half of my family leading worship! I could not ask for more.

Take time daily to count your blessings and be thankful to the One who gave them to you.

Peace and Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment